Recovering A Lost Floodplain
We’re embarking on a restoration project to recover a lost floodplain that has been buried under 20 feet of dirt dumped in the river corridor decades ago to build the villages of Tocaloma and Jewel. Read more here.
What's Blooming in the Nursery?
Summer is almost here, and the nursery is in full bloom! We’re enjoying watching the flowers open on our plants, from the most obvious blossoms on spring flowering perennials to the most inconspicuous – grasses have flowers too. Read more here.
Volunteer Spotlight: Jack Sherwood
"People are often surprised that I volunteer, it’s so foreign to some people, but I think volunteering should be part of everybody’s life. It helps not just to heal the environment, but it helps heal your self." Read the rest of the interview here.
5 Tips for Effective Advocacy
Advocacy is a show of public support for a policy or cause. In our case, it’s actually a combination of many various displays of support for ocean-friendly policies. We never know what will tip the scales in favor or against our causes, which is why it’s important for everyone who’s invested to make their voices heard in every way they can. Together, we are strong, united in our diversity, and a force to be reckoned with. In this campaign, we utilized many forms of speaking out, informing, lobbying, and advocating. View our 5 tips here.
Intern with us.
We're looking for a Habitat and Restoration intern to assist with planning, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of habitat restoration projects in the Lagunitas Creek Watershed. Free housing is provided. We're also looking for a non-residential seed collection intern.
Adopt A California Coast Redwood
The fact that redwoods are fast growing, massive, long-lived, rot resistant, easy to cultivate, and awe-inspiring, make them the ideal icon for action on climate change. Adopt one today.
Join us for these upcoming June Events!
- Thursday, June 7: World Oceans Disco Dance the night away in support of the ocean! Team FathomXClimateDrop kicks off this year's World Oceans Day weekend with a very wavy, super groovy, special edition of Deep Sea Disco at ocean-friendly home, Bar Fluxus! All donations support Turtle Island Restoration Network!
- Every Friday: Nursery Volunteer Day Meet at our headquarters from 10 am to 2pm and help care for thousands of native plants and then take a stroll with us as we collect wild seeds. Please join us for a great time with very skilled botanists. Email email@example.com.
- Saturday, June 9: March for the Ocean: Sausalito The oceans are rising and so are we! March for the oceans with us in Sausalito this Saturday starting at 10am! To volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday and Sunday, June 9 & 10: Fairfax EcoFest Please join us at the Fairfax Ecofest this weekend. There will be live music, food, games, and lots of organizations representing opportunities to get involved in the community. Email email@example.com to join in the march on Saturday at 9:30am!
- Saturday, June 16: Habitat Restoration Day Meet at our headquarters at 10am and then we will carpool to our RediMix restoration site. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
- Thursday, June 28: Support the Dugong! Join us in San Francisco at 12pm for a courthouse rally to support one of Earth’s most endangered marine mammals. Email email@example.com to RSVP.