WHYY Content Submission Form
WHYY accepts completed films for co-production or presentation consideration. Our television schedule is a delicate balance of national programming, budget considerations and discretionary airtime, so we may not be able to find a place for your program but will give it our full attention. Before you send your film, please review the WHYY Guidelines Summary below so you are aware of the requirements your program must follow to be considered for broadcast.
WHYY receives many program submissions each month, so please be patient and allow at least four to six weeks as we review your film and decide whether it is something we can fit into our local broadcast schedule.
- WHYY no longer accepts physical DVD submissions. Please provide a digital link to your program and any accompanying passwords.
- Though WHYY primarily broadcasts documentaries, we are open to narrative, animation, and other genres.
- Provide a brief description of your program including the type and length of the program. If submitting a series, include the number of episodes and a summary of each episode.
- WHYY will consider short form content between 1-10 minutes and longer form content between 30-60 minutes.
- Shot in HD 1080p 1600x900
- Please list any current funders, funding amounts and funders you plan to contact in the future.
- Designate the rights information for your program including who holds the rights, how many times WHYY can air your program over a certain period of time, and if the rights are extended to both broadcast and digital.
- List any questionable content, including language, nudity or violence.
- If scheduled, WHYY is not able at this time to provide promotion/marketing for your program.
- Provide links to previous work.
- Any relevant information that will assist us in our review.